In view of the expansion of the local Group’s tug fleet, the company is seeking an individual to fill the post of an Assistant Marine Operations Manager.
The candidate will be working within the Operations Department reporting directly to the Marine Operations Manager. The position shall entail keeping direct communication with the crews, assessing their training requirements, organizing the necessary training courses and drills, ensuring all crew certification is kept up to date, assisting in the crewing of our tug boats to ensure that they are properly manned at all times and any other related roles.
The role shall require a practical, hands-on, competent, and experienced person who is assertive, can work in a team and who can motivate and lead the crew members.
- General Degree in Marine STCW as Master Mariner/Chief Mate
- Extensive knowledge of the relevant Maritime legislation including STCW 2010 (Manila amendments), MLC, SOLAS and Flag State Authority regulation
- Good leadership and people skills management
- Past experience in managing crews will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of the Maltese language
Working with Tug Malta offers you the opportunity to work in a team of dedicated professionals and gives you the possibility to develop your professional career in a dynamic, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment, with creative thinking, collaboration and down to earth culture at its core. An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right applicant. If you have a passion for the sea and want to be part of a dynamic team that makes a difference apply now.