- Provide for safe practices in ship operations and a safe working environment;
- Establish safeguards against all identified risks; and to
- Continuously improve Safety Management Skills of its personnel ashore and on board ships, including preparing for emergency responses related both to safety and environment protection.
- Mandatory rules and regulations; and
- Applicable codes, guidelines and standards issued by the Transport Authority, Flag Administrations, Classification Societies and the International Maritime Organisations.
For achieving and maintaining these standards, the Company is certified in quality management and is accredited under ISO Quality 9001:2008. It adopts a Safety Management System that is fully compliant with the International Safety Management (ISM) Code for its vessels larger than 500 gross tonnes and furthermore conforms to the ISPS code.
In December 2015 Tug Malta achieved the internationally recognised ISO 14001:2004 certification for its commitment to environmental management.
The Company’s Quality and Environmental Policy
Tug Malta is committed to pursue a policy of the highest standards of service quality levels and environmental consciousness.
In this regard, where service quality objectives are concerned, the company strives to render to its customers a continuous, prompt, safe and cost effective towage service in keeping with its obligations in terms of the Harbour Towage Agreement, industry best practice and in compliance with the applicable codes, standards, classification and regulatory requirements. Pursuant to this objective, the company ensures having state-of-the-art vessels and adequately qualified and experienced personnel at all levels whether on board or ashore. It also preserves the necessary Quality Management System ensuring it meets the set quality level objectives are maintained and continuously reviewed to remain relevant in the quality policy context of the Company.
TML also strive to protect the environment for its people and the communities where the company’s business and operations could impact. The Company’s responsibilities for the environment range from maintenance and operations of its Tug Fleet and Offices to the conservation of resources. Specifically the company actively adopts and implements measures aimed at reducing in a meaningful manner, energy consumption and other resources, used during afloat operations and within its Technical Workshop as well as at the administrative offices that could negatively impinge on the environment including its safety.
- Comply with applicable legal and other requirements which relate to its environmental aspects;
- Prevent pollution, reduce waste and minimise the consumption of resources;
- Educate, train and motivate employees to carry out tasks in an environmentally responsible manner; and
- Encourage environmental protection among suppliers and sub-contractors when applicable.
The Company is committed to continual improvement of its quality management system and environmental performance.