Tug Malta has implemented the ISO Quality System to operate its vessels to the highest standards of Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental protection. This is achieved by the established Company policies and procedures for all its Maritime Services which include planned maintenance programmes and regular training schemes. In recognising its commitments and obligations to develop, implement and maintain a Safety and Security Management System, the Company is ISM/DOC and ISPS Certified.
The Safety Management objectives of the company are to:
- Provide for safe practices in ship operations and a safe working environment;
- Establish safeguards against all identified risks; and to
- Continuously improve Safety Management Skills of its personnel ashore and on board ships, including preparing for emergency responses related both to safety and environment protection.
The Company’s Safety Management System ensures compliance with:
- Mandatory rules and regulations; and
- Applicable codes, guidelines and standards issued by the Transport Authority, Flag Administrations, Classification Societies and the International Maritime Organisations.
For achieving and maintaining these standards, the Company is certified in quality management and is accredited under ISO Quality 9001:2008. It adopts a Safety Management System that is fully compliant with the International Safety Management (ISM) Code for its vessels larger than 500 gross tonnes and furthermore conforms to the ISPS code.
In December 2015 Tug Malta achieved the internationally recognised ISO 14001:2004 certification for its commitment to environmental management.
The Company’s Quality and Environmental Policy
Tug Malta is committed to pursue a policy of the highest standards of service quality levels and environmental consciousness.
In this regard, where service quality objectives are concerned, the company strives to render to its customers a continuous, prompt, safe and cost effective towage service in keeping with its obligations in terms of the Harbour Towage Agreement, industry best practice and in compliance with the applicable codes, standards, classification and regulatory requirements. Pursuant to this objective, the company ensures having state-of-the-art vessels and adequately qualified and experienced personnel at all levels whether on board or ashore. It also preserves the necessary Quality Management System ensuring it meets the set quality level objectives are maintained and continuously reviewed to remain relevant in the quality policy context of the Company.
TML also strive to protect the environment for its people and the communities where the company’s business and operations could impact. The Company’s responsibilities for the environment range from maintenance and operations of its Tug Fleet and Offices to the conservation of resources. Specifically the company actively adopts and implements measures aimed at reducing in a meaningful manner, energy consumption and other resources, used during afloat operations and within its Technical Workshop as well as at the administrative offices that could negatively impinge on the environment including its safety.
Tug Malta Limited is committed to protecting the environment. To minimize environmental impacts concerning our activities and services, the Company shall:
- Comply with applicable legal and other requirements which relate to its environmental aspects;
- Prevent pollution, reduce waste and minimise the consumption of resources;
- Educate, train and motivate employees to carry out tasks in an environmentally responsible manner; and
- Encourage environmental protection among suppliers and sub-contractors when applicable.
The Company is committed to continual improvement of its quality management system and environmental performance.
To achieve this objective the Company has established, documented and maintains a Quality and Environmental Management System in conformity with BS EN ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015. This Policy is communicated to all staff and available to relevant interested parties.